November 19, 2007


my parents put me to work while i was in wisconsin last week. just what everyone likes to do on vacation, right? well, i never mind it much.

My dad needed me to figure out why some of the landscaping lights weren't working. after searching in vain for my original wiring diagram, digging up the yard, and testing wiring combinations, i figured out that he had the wrong kind of bulb. the solution? he needed low voltage halogen bulbs, not line voltage (12V versus 120V). so then i had to put the yard back together.

The bigger task was for my mom; i had to sort through my childhood. See, at our house, you never through anything away. instead, you just put it up in the attic. we had virtually unlimited storage up there, and you never know when you might need another shoe box. and it seems i saved everything growing up. but it was fun to dig up photos and mementos that trigger happy times growing up.

all that to say that i found this slide in my desk, which i tried to scan but did horribly. i'll have to find a better way. This is my architecture school picture that we tried to take one year at Washington University. being architects, they asked us to wear all black for the picture. We heard later that the art student taking the pictures messed up the film or something, but one of my friends snapped this picture and i ended up with it.

if you're looking for me, i'm sitting in the top window just over the last "L" in GIVENS HALL looking to the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment