March 24, 2005

It's spring... and it's snowing. Where's this global warming?

I have the ALTIM8 in town this week. I drove into the city so I could go to a church fellowship (aka party) in Connecticut last Saturday, and so I could go to IKEA with my roommates. But the week is so full of stuff going on, we weren't sure we would make it out there. Monday was our day, but something came up (previously scheduled sushi lessons). I have church or choir on tues and thurs, and Wednesday got taken by a birthday dinner. But then I was too sick to go to church Tuesday night. There was no debate out that. But I decided that I wasn't too sick to go to IKEA. We also stopped at Target and ate dinner at Panerra Bread, my favorite! Note: the IKEA restaurant was closed since we were there only for the hour before closing. Let me tell you, it was strange being at IKEA when it's not overflowing with people. I guess I'm usually there on Saturdays. It felt like the place had already closed and any minute someone would catch us lurking around the store. Whatever, I'm just happy I finally got a bookcase to store all my surplus crap that doesn't yet have a home. Maybe soon I'll actually have time to put it together and use it.

Our subway system is falling apart. Every day something new breaks down. On Monday it took four trains before I could actually squeeze onto a train. But it's better than the paying for cabs, like our $30 cab ride home from dinner last night. Ouch! Good thing I have two roommates to defray the costs.

Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment