February 22, 2005

Have you seen "The Gates" in Central Park? if not, i've posted a few pictures on the webpage from this past saturday. Besides seeing the art, it was great to try out my new camera. No problems. I even took a few movies since "The Gates" looks better in motion. But i might argue that some of the images do okay with showing movement.

Though extremely cold, the park was full of people who had come out to see the temporary art installation. And sun always helps it feel warmer. I bought lunch on my way over to the park. Actually, I picked up a small sandwich and some water in Grand Central Terminal. I mention this only becasue while i was there, i saw some of the squash tournament that was going on inside. So weird. Not squash; the fact that they were playing inside Grand Central.

And i was in Grand Central becasue I started out the day at Scandanavia House, which is nearby. They had an exhibit called "Modern Finnish Churches" that I've been meaning to see. There was a dozen or so designs shown that were pretty interesting. The churches were from the late 60's to the ate 90's, mostly the results of design competitions.

On sunday I had brunch with some friends, a few of whom were visiting from California. We eventually got into Cafe Lalo for some yummy food. (it's the cafe from "You've Got Mail!") While my eggs and salad didn't quite fill me up, Christina gave me a big portion of her waffle that made my day. It was sooooo good. There's nothing quite like a tasty meal. But don't worry, i've been going to the gym again.

No comments:

Post a Comment