September 1, 2004

I moved! And now I can barely move. I had to pop a few aspirin last night to fall asleep because my legs were throbbing, and my hands are raw, but it's all worth it.

Moving on a tuesday is not good; everyone is working. but I managed to get a friend who's not working right now to help us move into the new apartment, and that made a big difference. Christina stayed back at the old place to scrub it spotless, or maybe take a nap, but Ryan, my friend Dalcy and I managed alright. thank God for a giant elevator and a dolly. Because we had a really long hallway to walk down once we got up to the fourth floor. There's nothing exciting to say about the move. i'm sure you know how they go; there's a lot of sweat and stairs and stacking and setting down. And then you have to do it all over again.

The funny thing about this move is that we hadn't seen the new place finished until we carried up that first load of stuff. sure, we saw walls and doors and stuff before we signed a lease, but the kitchen wasn't installed, the bathroom wasn't done, not all the lights were in, etc. so our first impression came yesterday. I have to tell you, the place is beautiful. And everything is new. unfortunately, everything is covered with boxes, and none of them are in the right rooms. but we'll get it sorted out eventually. i'll try to post some pics once we get internet up... Which isn't until sept. 11.


No comments:

Post a Comment