June 14, 2004

I really put on the miles this weekend. here's the summary, from work friday to sunday evening:

LIC --> LAPRN --> JAM --> LI --> RMSP --> LI --> LAPRN --> NJ -->
TSC, NYC --> LAPRN --> LI --> LAPRN

so i ended up going all over the place. BUT, most of it was driving time, so i loved it.

Friday: i rode my bike home from work in Long Island City (LIC). i packed up some clothes and computer gear and caught the subway out to jamaica, queens (JAM) where i boarded a LIRR train to, where else, Long Island (Ronkonkoma, actually, but i thought you'd have a hard time saying that.) i spent the night trying to recover files from a computer before giving up and watching a movie with my cousin, yuko.

Saturday: i drove 'my precious' (ALTIM8) down to Robert Moses State Park (RMSP) and relaxed a bit. it was so nice on the beach! even though it was only 70-72, the sun was hot and the ocean breeze was perfect. i didn;t even stick my toes in the water because everyone i saw that did came back screeching in pain. the water needs some time to warm up. alas, i had to leave, to shop for me a little, and get a CD-R,R/W for the relatives. with that installed, i realized that i was really, really late. there was no time to take the train home and then a train to my friend's house for dinner. sooo, i drove! even though i stopped by my house to pick up some clothes, i made it over the Verrazano Bridge to my friend's house in New Jersey (NJ) in two hours flat. It was only 84 miles, but when the traffic wasn't moving at 80-85 MPH, it was stop-and-go, bumper-to-bumper type driving. so i had a great dinner, lost miserably at balderdash, and went to bed.

Sunday: after my morning cereal, Dalcy and I drove through the Lincoln Tunnel to Manhattan for church. that's Times Square Church (TSC) in New York City (NYC). great sermon. then i drove around town, making my way to the Williamsburg Bridge so i could stop off at home (without paying another toll). i chatted it up with Christina (C), and then took off again for Long Island (LI). I visited IKEA along the way and had the traditional plate of swedish meatballs, potatoes, and lingonberries. YUMMY. Once out at the relatives house, i redid their computer and hopped on the train back home (LAPRN) all loaded up with cookies and bars!

so did you figure out what LAPRN stands for?

No comments:

Post a Comment