February 5, 2008


it's primary election day in New York. And even though i was running a little late this morning --lots of "Rock Band" at my apartment last night--i made sure to swing by my neighborhood school to vote.

i never got a voting notice in the mail, so i didn't know what district i was in. this would mean standing in line to find out before going to my specified voting booth to stand in line again. But on the way to the school i passed my roommate who was coming back from voting. as we passed i thought to ask what district we were and she remembered. whoo-hoo! i could skip the frst line at least.

when i found my station and my turn came up to register my signature, the advanced-in-age ladies told me three times that i wasn't listed in the book! i had to keep spelling my last name for them -- H-O-M-E-R. then they started writing me up as a democrat. this i knew to look out for since the same thing happened to me last time i voted. "oh, he's a REPUBLICAN!" they exclaimed after i corrected the one filling out the voter cards and showed them both the REP next to my name.

and of course the young guy working with these ladies had already set the booth for democrat - more wrong assumptions. so i had to wait for the next person in line to vote and reset the machine. but the girl next in line couldn't vote until all of this was understood by the lady filling out the cards and the lady looking up the signatures. WOW! what a test of patience first thing in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. They apparently had no idea what to do with a REPUBLICAN in New York! You're a dirty word there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is sad that I do not like any of the major candidates. I will probably vote straight rep. but because obama smokes I like him as well.

    yes...all the candidates are so lame that smoking is something to vote about.

    so it's vote for a dem. or a rep. that acts like a dem.

    Where are you ross parrow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps you mean Ross Perot?

    ReplyDelete