November 24, 2006

I Hate T-Mobile 's Unfair Policies

My stolen phone saga continues. To review: When i realized a couple weeks ago that my phone had been stolen and called T-Mobile to freeze my account, the rep told me that the thief had already racked up $130 in international calls. Whoa! sucks, right? but it could have been worse.

I got my phone bill today, and it wasn't $130. My bill is for $590. I had a lengthy conversion with a customer service rep, and the superviser, Sam, and they insist they can't do anything for me. Actually, when i said that i can't afford to pay this, he offered to try and set up a payment plan for me. But not now. He wants to call me back closer to when my bill is due.

It is their policy that the customer is responsible for all calls, even if stolen, up until you call and freeze the account. Everyone i tell about this doesn't believe me, and once i convince them that it's true, are shocked and disgusted at the unfairness. this policy applies to you too! and there's nothing you can do about it.

i told the customer rep on the phone that it's disgusting that T-Mobile is profiting from my misfortune. my phone is essentially a credit card with which one can buy calls all over the world, surf the web for a fee, and buy all kinds of downloads (my thief bought $72 worth of ringtones.) But a credit card company would not make you pay for fraudulent charges. How can we make this true for cell phone companies too?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Josh: You have to get tough yourself. Just tell them no. Go to another company. Keep calling...keep calling. Did I say, keep calling. Pester the heck out of them. Verify that you reported it and there was only 150 dollars fradulent...the rest is their faul.

    ReplyDelete