August 1, 2005

Like Jerry Seinfeld's TV character, I am a big fan of cereal. I have a bowl and half or so for breakfast every day. The actual kind of cereal changes every year or so, but the morning routine stays the same: milk and cereal.

Now that i'm going to the gym and at least pretending to work out i 've been thinking about what else can change in my daily routines that would be healthier or cheaper or whatever. Thinking about my cereal diet, i realized that i consume a lot of dairy. (Plus i'm a big fan of cheese, being from Wisconsin and all.) So i decided to try soy milk to see if 1. i could bear the taste, and 2. if switching helped my weight at all.

This morning was the test. Would it be too unlike milk and too gross to eat? well, the taste was fine. it's different than milk, but reasonable. But by the time i finished my bowl of cereal, my throat was pretty swollen and it was difficult to swollow. Also, my palms were really itchy for the next hour or two, and i was producing all kinds of mucus and coughing it up. Sooooo, it doesn't look like i'll be having the rest of that soy milk i bought. and it seems i have some sort of soy allergy.

I love mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment